Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Agnostic Apologetics and shit!

One hell of a shitty word. It's lost its meaning to me somewhere along the line. You know when you repeat a word over and over and then it just sounds weird. Agnostic sounds weird to me. I only know the word from debates.

Religious people love to throw the word around. I'm not sure why, maybe they feel better about you. Even though it is not their god at least you believe in one. Somehow not believing in a god is worse then believing in a god that wants to reboot every few thousand years by killing off his creations. I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it, am I right...

Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. Misery loves company, although they will swear they love serving some egotistical bastard their whole life. Is Jesus a bastard? That one is too hard to figure out, but God is still one since he has no father. Did God create himself? Is he his own father? I mean other than he being the father of Jesus, himself. Jesus, I'm confused. It sure is awesome that the bible got society ready for Jerry Springer. Well done, God...

It seems I went on a tangent there a bit. Oh, yes, agnostic. I had to read the title again. During debates, I admit that I believe that there is a minor possibility that I could be wrong about there not being any god. Making a 100% claim in my eyes would be such a mistake at this point. While I believe there is zero evidence of a god existing, that does not mean that there cannot be some unimaginable god that man has not lied into existence. There are many religions and many types of gods among them, but if a god exists man does not know this god...

So, I am called an agnostic even though I claim atheism. Called something enough I will first deny the horrid accusations and then eventually look it up. I understand atheism to be the claim that one does not believe a god exists and agnostic to be the claim that one cannot know whether or not there is a god...

I believe that everyone is agnostic. No one is 100% sure that god exists or doesn't. Any little second guess of what you think you believe means you're agnostic. Hey religious people out there, you're agnostic! How does that make you feel?!

Agnostic is a copout. All humans are agnostics but not all agnostics are humans! Does the word agnostic make any more sense to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment